Officer Underground Mine Rescue(OT)
We are looking for one (1) Officer Underground Mine Rescue in our Security & Emergency Managementdepartment based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The purpose of this role is to ensure professional underground emergency preparedness and response to all emergency incidents by providing effective and efficient firefighting and technical rescue services at the Oyu Tolgoi project The purpose is to prevent and minimize losses to life; injury or property by responding timeously with competent individuals equipped with modern fire and rescue equipment and trained to Internationally recognized standards and skill levels. This will be achieved by supporting the Superintendent Underground Mines Rescue and the Specialist Underground Mines Rescue.
What the role entails
- Providing professional emergency preparedness and response to all emergency incidents through effective and efficient firefighting and technical rescue services
- Ensuring compliance to all Mongolian Legislation and best International standards in terms of technical ability and training
- Ensuring efficient operation of the team during the execution of their duties, always placing Safety first
- Assisting with the development and implementation of a formal technical training program
- Assisting with the training of dispatch personnel with regards to MRT callouts
- Assist the Specialist Underground Mines Rescue with underground fire and rescue training
- Ensure that yourself and all MRT members receive at least 8 hours of being under oxygen per year to remain compliant with mine rescue training guidelines
- Review and understand mine emergency plans and Incident Command
- Possessing a thorough knowledge of how to operate fire and rescue equipment in accordance with current training policies
- Ensuring that he/she acquires and maintains a thorough knowledge of the site facilities, roads, routes, hydrants, emergency responses water supply systems, static water sources and target hazards within the response area of the fire station and that this is tested on a monthly basis – updated and plotted on site map daily
- Being prepared to temporarily assume the duties and responsibilities of the driver/operator if necessary
- May be required to work in environments that may include exposure to extreme temperatures, humidity, dust, noise, fumes, and gasses. While performing the duties of this job, the mine rescuer is required to stand, sit, and demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on uneven work surfaces and work on elevated platforms.
What you will need for this role
- A Tertiary Qualification in Emergency Management; Disaster Management; Fire Risk Management; Law; Legislation; Health; Safety; Environment would be an advantage. Underground mine rescue certified, mine rescue technician certified.
- Previous underground mining experience (Preferred)
- Minimum two years’ experience in underground mine rescue (Preferred)
- Basic or Advanced first aid certificate
- Previous Police, Emergency Response or military work experience (Desirable)
- A valid Light Vehicle License with no suspensions (Essential); Heavy Vehicle License is an advantage
- Proficiency in Mongolian/English would be an advantage