We are looking for one (1) Specialist Investigations in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Finance and Commercial - Risk and Compliance department based at Ulaanbaatar.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide independent and objective investigation of business integrity related issues. Business integrity issues requiring investigation are sourced via the Rio Tinto Speak-OUT program or raised directly with the OT Compliance team. The investigation process is designed to add value and improve OT LLC’s operational and systems environment, by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate business integrity issues and improve the effectiveness of business integrity risk management and the OT Compliance Program.
What the role entails
- Undertake compliance and business integrity investigations and reviews in accordance with the Rio Tinto Investigations Procedure at the direction of the Manager Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit.
- Produce investigation reports in accordance with guidance and templates issued by Rio Tinto Group Ethics and Integrity.
- Ensure Investigations are completed in a complete and timely manner in order to comply with Mongolian Employee Law(s) and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate preparation and administration of internal system to ensure compliance with internal policies relevant to fraud and other business integrity risks as directed by the Manager Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit.
- Provide advice to business functions on compliance requirements as they relate to fraud prevention and minimizing business integrity risks.
- Encourage and mentor employees and contractors to promote integrity and compliant behavior.
- Ensure rapid adoption of best practice Rio Tinto policies, tools, training programs and techniques.
- Work directly with the Manager Risk and Compliance, taking responsibility for those activities that will allow the Manager Risk and Compliance to focus on the strategic direction of the Risk and Compliance department.
- Actively deliver work to plan and monitor progress against priorities, finding solutions to obstacles.
- Make informed business decisions based on the identification and analysis of key information and metrics.
- Plan and monitor the efficient and effective use of resources to achieve team priorities.
- Use standard work practices to identify and deliver improved ways of working.
- For superintendents, the primary focus would be weekly to quarterly performance.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Commerce, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of work related work experience.
- Legal and/or Police background/experience with a working knowledge of laws applicable to bribery and corruption in Mongolia and knowledge of investigation methodology.
- Prior experience conducting investigations.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft word and excel in order to prepare investigation reports.
- English competency (both written and oral) is essential.