Trainer Trades Electrical & Instrumentation (OT)
We are looking for one (1) Trainer Trades Electrical & Instrumentation in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – People and Organization - Operational Safety Training department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure effective implementation and management of the apprenticeship training program and also the tradesman upskilling program for all Oyu Tolgoi LLC E&I trades. The initial focus will be to link recognized competency- based training for the E&I trade to a recognized Australian Qualification Trades Framework (ATQF) Certificate at Level III.
What the role entails
- Develop and implement training coursework specifically for electrotechnology trades in line with the AQTF requirements.
- Make lesson plans and determine best instructional methods for tradesman training and upskilling.
- Recommend improvements in curriculum and updates to accommodate new technology.
- Conduct educational programs utilising information technology and systems.
- Deliver training, assist with OJT and conduct assessment.
- Observe and report employee progress and program effectiveness.
- Facilitate / coordinate and motivate the apprentice to achieve individual training, experiential and assessment requirements.
- Coach apprentice as required.
- Support on-going alignment of training objectives with the changing business needs within a dynamic OT environment
- Contribute to organize the electron technology workshops on site with the appropriate equipment.
- Complete the attendance list of each delivered session and insure that the data will be entered in the training system (LMS) and also to RTO compliance requirements.
- Maintain workshop tools and equipment in safe working order at all times.
- Promote good housekeeping practices at all times.
- Work closely with Operations Training Groups / Planners to effectively manage on-site Electrical & Instrumentation trades training delivery and assessment.
- Play a key role in introducing the Electron technology competency based training and assessment model for all E&I trade training.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor degree in Electrical and Instrumentation
- Certificate IV Training and Education TAE40110 or equivalent. (A Diploma TAE50110 would be highly desirable).
- Previous experience in relevant field
- Strong negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written English
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products