Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 95 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Coordinator Planning in our Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project - MineCoordination and Control department based at Oyu tolgoi mine with the roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The primary purpose of the Planning Coordinator is to coordinate, negotiate and resolve the resource constraints, conflicts, gaps and any other issues associated with the Project execution plans to ensure plans are fully integrated and aligned across all OT underground stakeholders.
You will be exposed to safe, innovative and internationally recognised work standards within a working environment that focuses on delivery of world class Underground Project and provides employees with career development, mentoring and leadership support.
What the role entails
- Responsible for coordinating and negotiating plan/schedule conflicts and gaps with planning functions of all other Underground departments for resolution and alignment.
- Ensure flow of assumptions for integrated planning process across U/G Development, Construction, Maintenance, and Shaft Operations & Logistics then communicate and escalate associated issues in timely manner.
- Ensure information and processes are entirely scalable and usable at departmental, project, and business levels as required.
- Liaise directly with planning functions of all Underground departments to ensure that there is clear alignment between departmental plans/schedules and integrated planning parameters and initiatives.
- Build effective working relationships with key Planning staff across Mine Technical Services, Geotechnical, Maintenance, Construction, Shaft Operations & Logistics, Project Controls, Engineering to implement a standardized approach and systems of execution planning.
- Assist and work closely with Mine Coordination Planning Analyst in analysing and identifying scheduling conflicts in close coordination with Mine Coordination Planning Coordinator and Senior Planning Analyst and also with the departmental planning functions as required.
- Support Mine Coordination Senior Planning Analyst identifying, coordinating and resolving planning conflicts and gaps for Yearly and Quarterly Integrated planning process by making necessary information available in the right level of detail at the right time.
- Work closely with reporting functions to identify performance issues and ensure to address them in the future execution planning process for gap closure and mitigation by effectively coordinating with planning functions of the all other Underground departments.
- Support the ongoing implementation, and later effective operation of the Underground Management Operating System.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor of Science in Engineers or equivalent tertiary qualification
- Minimum 3 years of experience in operational mine planning or project scheduling
- Previous working experience as mining engineer is advantage
- Strong project management experience
- Good basis on negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Direct experience with complex planning environment and systems
- Hands on experience in any Mine Planning and Scheduling software (ex. Deswiq, Vulcan, MineSight, Atlas or other)
- Planning experience in Open Pit or an Underground mine is preferred
- Fast learner and ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficient in MS Office products especially spreadsheet modelling skills
- Proficient in English language both in oral and written