Engineer Mining (OT)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 93 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for three (3) Engineer Mining in Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project Mining – Decline department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for the safe and efficient execution of the tunnelling and large chamber excavation works through the management of the Contractor in order to meet or exceed the project milestones set out by the Oyu Tolgoi Underground Development Project.
What the role entails
- Closely work with superintendents, leads, contractors and other project personnel to coordinate resources and achieve daily goals
- Collects activity reports from contractors and owners team and prepare shift/weekly/monthly reports
- Provide visible safety leadership to contractors and team members across the Decline Development Project
- Promote safety culture to ensure work undertaken complies with safety legislation and applicable HSE standards
- Ensure risks are identified, mitigated and managed in all aspects of development work
- Monitor contractor work activities to ensure compliance with all HSE standards
- Participate or facilitate as required in incident investigations, risk assessments, JHA’s, Safety Interactions and audits.
- Daily frequency of underground inspections of development activities to ensure compliance with intended schedule and plan, quality of work output of contractor
- Provide a point of contact for queries related to Decline Development
- Representation for OTUP with regards to Decline Development contractor
- Inspect and report improvement projects with the decline development contractor relating to ground support trials and sequencing, dewatering, drill and blast and shotcrete transportation
- Maintain integrity/currency and filing of the project documents
- Assist contractors on work method statements, JHA, Risk assessments to minimise and mitigate risk associated
- Monitor, inspect, report and analyse on rolling weekly and monthly basis to including but not limited to meters advanced, ground support installed, shotcreting and QA/QC
- Assist in delivering schedule compliant delivery of the project
- Continuously identify, evaluate, and implement opportunities to improve the performance of underground activities, whilst ensuring the milestones and objectives of the Underground Development Project are achieved
- Attend, lead or run a variety of meetings associated with the Decline Development department
What you will need for this role
- Bachelors in Mining Engineering, Engineering Science or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of work related work experience in mining field
- Experience with 3D computer drafting software such as AutoCAD, Vulcan, Surpac, Deswick or similar
- Microsoft Excel and Office suite skills
- Strong communication skills
- English competency (both written and oral) is essential