Technician Instrumentation (OT)
Technician Instrumentation /1/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 93 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one ( 1) Technician Instrumentation in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Site Infrastructure and Services - Utilities department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide technical services and support instrumentation activities of the functional area in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Consult manufacturers' manuals to determine test and maintenance procedures,
- Electrical, electronic and automation testing devices to inspect and test instrument and system operation, and diagnose faults,
- Consult with and advise process operators,
- Train apprentices.
- Repair, maintain and adjust system components or remove and replace defective parts, do risk assessments, calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturers' specifications,
- Work with engineers on basic design,
- Install and maintain instruments on new or existing plant equipment and processes
What you will need for this role
- Bachelors in Technical Services, Engineer or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of work related work experience
- The ability to pay careful attention to details,
- Good communication and reading skills,
- Good mathematical, scientific and logical reasoning abilities, and the ability and desire to keep up-to-date with technological developments in the field.
- Good knowledge Instrumentation theory
- Troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLC and DCS
- IT knowledge based electronic automation
- Intermediate level of Written and Verbal communication skills in English
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.