Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 93 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for two (2) Mechanic in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Site Infrastructure Services - Asset and Material Management departmentbased at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of this role is to under the supervision of the supervisor, performs the full range of work involving servicing, preventive maintenance, repair and modifications to mobile and fixed equipment, tracked vehicles, earth moving equipment, diesel power generators, light vehicles and trucks, mobile equipment and material handling equipment as well as fuel, hydraulic and electrical subsystems in accordance with pertinent technical manuals and bulletins.
What the role entails
- Responds and delivers to weekly/daily work plan both scheduled and unscheduled work, effectively;
- Anticipates needs of jobs and establishes priority of tasks to meet timely and efficient use of resources;
- Records job hours and closure of jobs to dispatcher or supervisor, ensures job cards are complete;
- Attend all HSE required meeting and communicate back to the team;
- Ensure the safety of all team members and that risks are identified, mitigated and managed;
- Perform routine and non-routine maintenance activities such as cleaning, lubrication, inspection, repair and etc. on any type of equipment of OT on site and out site in a timely, efficient and professional manner;
- Electrical and electronic equipment troubleshooting, maintenance, installation, test and etc.
- Discusses with supervisor or team leader to make decisions regarding equipment repair as needed;
- The position requires overtime work as needed;
- Provides correct information to supervisor regadringplanning and scheduling of maintenance and work coordinating with the planner ordering of components and materials;
- May be required to work at heights and/or in confined space, to do hot work and other risky tasks;
- Encourages positive relations with co-workers and be a team player;
- Takes apositiveattitude towardssafety,after detecting arisk immidietly informssupervisor and team members;
What you will need for this role
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
- Post-secondary or equivalent education obtained through degrees, certificates (e.g. apprenticeship or trades certificate) or diplomas from academic or vocational training centres;
- Maintenance Engineering or relevant discipline is preferable;
- At least 3 years relevant experience, or otherwise the significant practical experience and on the job training;
- English working knowledge is preferred.
- Proficient in Micosoft Office programs.
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.