Engineer Site Support (OT)
Engineer Site Support (3)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for three ( 3) Engineer Site Support in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Information Technology - IT Operations department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide engineering services and support on site support activities of the functional area in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Defining root causes of incidents and action on mitigation.
- Attends assigned or directly contacted user calls for technical assistance, requests & information requests in appicable method such as in person, via phone or remotely as following standard procedures & resources. Ensure user feedbacks provided timely & poor responses actioned & informed back to user.
- Supports, maintains, installs & configures user account profile including Outlook, computer, printer, YSoft terminal etc, IT supported hardwares.
- Registers End User Support team responsible assets on Manage Engine ServiceDesk’s Asset in details.
- Maintains End User Support stock including consumables, critical spares in line with existing process.
- Logs all help desk interactions on tickets and ensure users are informed on any changes withing request and its closure resolution.
- Ensures PCL or QRG library etc and other knowledge sharing resources are kept up-to-date.
- Ensures routine trackers are performed within declared timeframe.
- Contributes to IT customer service reputation by maintaining a high level of customer focused service through consistent delivery of professional support.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to less experienced resources to ensure service standards are maintained.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of toolsets and technologies required to effectively perform the role.
- Provides support services of Site Support team to functional areas on a day to day basis.
- Attains a good understanding of the operational activities to ensure business impacts are minimised by incidents.
- Supports subject matter experts in providing advice to customers as required.
- Suggests & implementes improvement ideas based on learnings or observations for better process or customer service.
- Escalates timely in case our team needs additional support from other teams or vendors.
- Implementing Changes of SS team and records/maintains respective Change ticket on MESD as per the process defined.
- Records/maintains a Problem ticket in case of public incidents, defines root causes of incidents and action on mitigation. Enters Resolution in library of MESD.
- Engages with IS&T and vendors in fixing problems related to Hardware.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelors in Information Technology Systems, Computer Science or related degrees.
- Minimum 5 years of work related experience.
- Understanding of information systems.
- Strong communication skills.
- English competency (both written and oral) is essential.
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.