Administrator Database (OT)
Administrator Database (1)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one ( 1) Administrator Database in Oyu Tolgoi LLC– Information Technology - Operational Technology department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site 50% of time and at Ulaanbaatar 50 % of time.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide services and support on SQL database managment, current and furture database systems, and other related technical activities of the functional area in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Analyze SQL server and storage requirements provided by usersprovide feedback as to what can be improved/changed
- Ensure database and system administration processes are followed as per policies set for each function
- Plan and SQL server version upgrade releases
- Follow regional and global corporate standards and practices
- Liase with vendors and support groups
- As required, assist IT Operations team with advanced troubleshooting and resolution of technical issues
- Installing and Configuring use windows and SQL server OS and other server software/applications
- Attend to helpdesk calls in a timely manner and ensure the calls are closed and the user informed
- Monitor all server / storage / application / Services health through central monitoring tool and resolve all issues (sw/hw). If issue cannot be fixed internally, then escalate to vendor support in a timely manner and follow up to the resolution
- Keep up to date with the new technologies and software products
- Provide technical consultancy as required to projects requiring architecture and design assistance
- Work with various vendors to understand new technologies and products released and feed information to the management and operations team
- Work closely with other IT teams in developing system designs
- Engage with Rio Tinto IS&T Server and Storage team, Database team to share knowledge and utilize systems already developed by Rio Tinto thereby avoiding rework
- Understand functional and systems architecture of various technical systems OT LLC will implement
- Perform other related duties as required
What you will need for this role
- Bachelors in Information Technology Systems, Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in information technology field
- Understanding of information systems
- English competency (both written and oral) is essential
- Ability to work under difficult environmental conditions
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.