Analyst Data & Systems (OT)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Analyst Data & Systems in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Operations - OTUP - Geoscience and Services based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of this site-based role involves the analyzing geotechnical data for outcomes targeted by the geotechnical superintendent, along with the maintenance of database and software system.
What the role entails
- Writing and the maintaining of scripts in Python, R and SQL and construction of required documentation to support them
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Preform analyses on large datasets ( point clouds and seismic data )
- Carry out UAT on new databases and systems
- Ensure database and system administration processes are followed as per policies set for each function
- Report incidents to ensure that service levels relating to availability, reliability, performance and response are met
- Liaise with resources across multiple internal teams as well as suppliers’ technical teams and other subject matter experts to support services
- Implement changes in a planned and controlled manner, with minimal disruption to users and following required change processes
- Identify and implement improvements within the assigned areas of responsibility to deliver cost efficiencies, and improvements effectiveness, reliability and stability
- Ensure all administrative tasks (reporting and time sheets) are conducted as required in a timely manner
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor of Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent tertiary qualification
- Advanced level of working on large and complex data, building effective formulas and analytical models
- Minimum of 3 years of solid professional experience working in analytical, modeling, project management, and critical thinking areas
- Work experience on Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, Ipython, SQL and other data systems /preferred/
- Excellent oral and written English and Mongolian language skills
- Excellent communication and presentations skills
- Strong business ethics with high responsibility and accountability
- Ability to learn new systems and tools quickly and effectively
- High attention to details skills and take complete ownership of tasks
All interested candidates should submit the following documents before 05:30 PM on Sep 14, 2018:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.