Country Representative (American Councils for International Education)
Country Representative (Mongolia)
(Temporary position starting August 2019)
American Councils for International Education is a premier, international non-profit organization creating educational opportunities that prepare individuals and institutions to succeed in an increasingly interconnected world. Through academic exchanges, overseas language immersion, and educational development programs, American Councils has designed and administered innovative programs that broaden individual perspectives, increase knowledge, and deepen understanding for almost 45 years across more than 85 countries.
American Councils administers the FLEX scholarship program funded by the U.S. Department of State. Now in its 27th year, the program provides outstanding, competitively selected secondary school students with a life-changing opportunity to spend a year living with a U.S. host family and attending a U.S. high school, in addition to participating in a variety of activities to learn about U.S. culture and share their own. The Country Representative’s primary responsibility is the management of the FLEX program in Mongolia as well as administrative and financial oversight of the local office and organizational relations in the host country. This position reports to the Manager for Field Operations, Secondary School Programs and works in close coordination with Washington-based program managers and colleagues in the region.
- Coordinate and implement all components of the FLEX program cycle in Mongolia including participant recruitment activities (publicity, testing, interviews), orientation and travel, and on-program support;
- Represent and promote the program in Mongolia and communicate accordingly with local education institutions, local and social media, U.S. Embassy, and other official institutions as needed;
- Provide regular on-program support, which includes availing logistical, administrative, and practical support to participants and natural families;
- Provide prompt updates on time-sensitive issues;
- Update recruitment, notification and other program materials in the local language;
- Conduct informational meetings for program participants and their parents;
- Travel extensively throughout Mongolia during recruitment and occasionally abroad for training conferences;
Administration and Financial Duties:
- Responsible for office and program administration, ensuring correct interpretation and implementation of administrative rules and procedures of American Councils in the context of local laws; management of outgoing and incoming funds, procurement of goods and services, budgeting, financial reporting and analysis of program expenditures;
- Represent American Councils and programs and activities in Mongolia; maintain good relationships with the U.S. Embassy, host government representatives, other local organizations and groups;
- Communicate with Washington office and other field offices as needed related to program, financial, and administrative matters; manage staff visits; develop new programming and contributions to proposals; and
- Other duties as assigned.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full time; temporary position
- Must have authorization to work in Mongolia. Preference given to local nationals.
- Minimum two years’ experience in exchange program administration or position with similar duties
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and multicultural interpersonal skills
- Fluent in Mongolian with excellent written language skills
- Fluent in English and able to translate from Mongolian into English
- Experience traveling under difficult conditions
- Familiarity with the education system in Mongolia and the United States
- Flexibility to occasionally work on weekends and evenings
- Experience in budget management and excellent attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in a relevant field of study
- Outstanding time management, organization and planning skills
- Preference given to candidates who have studied in the United States
If interested in the position of Country Representative at the American Councils office in Mongolia, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before July 01, 2019. For questions and inquiries, please contact 93130647. Thank you.