Engineer Shaft Planning /OT/
Engineer Shaft Planning /1/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one ( 1) Engineer Shaft Planning in Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project – Shaft Operations & UG Logistics team based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of this role is to work on a short, medium and long-range plans of Shaft Operations & UG logistics team.
What the role entails
- Organize and oversee improvement and optimization projects relating to shaft and hoist operations
- Responsible for developing and implementing optimized shaft operations plans, utilizing an approach that ensures Best for Project outcomes.
- Analyse and identify scheduling conflicts in close coordination with Mine Coordination team then fix the scheduling conflicts according project priorities.
- In order to achieve optimized and stable shaft operations, liaise effectively with Planner Shaft Operations and Mine Coordination team to ensure that there is clear alignment between departmental plans/schedules and shaft plans/schedules.
- Ensure resources are allocated wisely and utilized effectively to support the stable and optimal shaft operations.
- Ensure information and processes are entirely scalable and usable at departmental, project, and business levels as required.
- Work closely with reporting functions to analyse performance issues and ensure to address them in the future execution planning process for gap closure and mitigation.
- Communicate and escalate schedule and scope variances to the supervisor as required.
- Support the ongoing implementation, and later effective operation of the Underground Management Operating System.
- Oversee and mentor a team of less experienced Shaft Planning Engineers.
- Work with Shaft Operations team to develop work instructions for critical shaft activities.
- Provides straightforward solutions to problems uses readily available, clear, & direct references.
- Participates in exploration activities by collects & evaluates data, & develops plans for assignments.
- Assists in engineers feasibility studies related to data collection & analysis.
What you will need for this role
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or relevant discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in similar roles
- Previous experience in heavy critical lifting, lifting plans, engineering calculation, structural calculation and NDT are also highly regarded;
- Familiar with ore body and life mine plan
- Strong commitment to safety
- Advanced English language verbal and written skills
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and Office suite;
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to www.ot.mn/Career, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.