Project Manager /CCRM/
Vacancy Announcement – Project Manager
Name of the position: Project Manager
Direct supervisor: Head of Mission
Place of assignment: Ulaanbaatar
Project: “All for YOUth, YOUth for all”
Under the overall and direct guidance and supervision of the Head of Mission, the Project Manager will be accountable and responsible for the implementation of activities under the project “All for YOUth, YOUth for all” as well as project team management.
I. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit non-governmental organization with offices in Mongolia, Zambia, Cambodia, Georgia, Moldova and Iraq and an extensive social services program in the Czech Republic assisting more than 100,000 clients. The mission of CCR is to improve the lives of thousands of people through education, promotion of sustainable development, restoring livelihoods and empowering local communities.
Caritas Czech Republic launched the first project in Mongolia in 2006 and since then implemented more than 20 projects in 15 different provinces with particular focus on pre-school and vocational education, social work, restoring livelihood, humanitarian assistance, prevention of risks of natural disasters, agriculture, and environment and recycling.
About the project:
“All for YOUth, YOUth for all” is a four year project supported by the European Union. Its main goal is to work with local CSOs to empower young people and improve their integration in Mongolian society and their participation in decision-making. As such, the project will focus on increasing employment opportunities of young people, increase their involvement with politics and policy development, train and build capacities of local NGOs and support volunteerism among the Mongolian youth.
II. Key responsibilities
• Direct project management, including:
o Planning and organizing of project activities
o Communicating with project partners
o Supervision of partner’s performance
o Monitoring and evaluating project progress
• Team management
• Indirect financial management (such as monitoring of spending)
• Preparing project reports both for CCR’s HQ and the donor
• Ensuring project visibility
• Ensuring adequate saving of all project related documents
• Proven experience in team management
• Excellent communication skills in English and Mongolian (oral and written);
• Strong leadership, analytical/critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Experience of working in development and/or humanitarian setting
• Experience of working with Mongolian CSOs and/or Mongolian youth
• Experience in project proposal development
IV. What we offer
• Competitive salary with performance-based benefits
• Working in an international team
• Access to training opportunities
• Career development in a value-driven professional organization, suitable especially for dynamic professionals
V. How to apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the following e-mail address email@example.com. The application must include a brief motivation letter, and a maximum 4-page CV or resume. Both documents have to be in English. Please type “Project Manager - Youth" in the subject line. The deadline for submission is December 4, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The applications are reviewed on continual basis and a suitable candidate may be hired before the deadline.