Senior engineer communications (Oyu Tolgoi)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 96 percent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Senior Engineer Communications in our OTUG – Technology department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with roster of 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the normal operation of OT Underground Communications & Technology team by providing proper planning and detailed scheduling for Short & Medium Range Tasks including extension and maintenance of UG Communications Infrastructure for UG Mine Operation. The role manages stakeholder engagement, material management, report generation and performance analysis for successful planning.
What the role entails
- Responsible for UG-IT team’s Planning & Scheduling of Short & Medium Range Tasks by Co-ordinate with respective Stakeholders.
- Attend all Planning & Scheduling related meetings conduct by Mine Planning and IPP team
- Assist UG Communications & Technology team Supervisors and other members on their daily tasks wherever required
- Assist Comms Engineers or other Engineers with their Design tasks wherever applicable
- Responsible for Material Management and Logistics
- Generate Weekly & Monthly UG-IT Team Report and Analyse with UG-IT Superintendent
- Visit Underground periodically with Supervisors/Engineers to do Scope of Work, Quality Check and other Site Survey
- Assist UG-IT Superintendent and Supervisors with Team’s Roster Management and Training Bookings
- Assist UG-IT Superintendent with necessary SWP documentation required for the UG-IT team
- Assist UG-IT Superintendent with Capacity & Resource Planning
- Assist the team with Vendor engagement to maintain all the IT System Underground in Operational condition at all times
- Attending Service Desk calls related to UG-IT team
- Perform other Duties as required
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science Networking or Communications or related field
- Certifications in IT Networking or Communications
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum.
- Proven experience in IT or related Engineering field.
- Proven experience in team leadership
- Experience in operational technology project delivery, maintenance and support.
- Experience in mining or construction industry project delivery.
- Experience in engineering or software development project delivery.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Experience using technologies for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications
- Good in oral and written English communication is preferred
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
CV in English and Mongolian
Cover Letter in English and Mongolian
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.