Freight Forwarding Service (OT)
Supply of Freight Forwarding Service
“Oyu Tolgoi” LLC (the 'Company') would like to invite potential experienced suppliers to submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) in relation to supply of “Freight Forwarding Service from Gants Mod Chinese border to Oyu Tolgoi Mine Site locates in Khanbogd soum of South Gobi province, Mongolia”.
An EOI is only a preliminary step to a formal tender process to understand and identify whether there are potential suppliers in the market that are interested in and capable of satisfying the procurement needs.
The supplier will be required to carry out all of Freight Forwarding Services between Gants Mod Chinese border and Oyu Tolgoi Mine Site, locates in Khanbogd soum of South Gobi province, Mongolia”, but not limited to, the following work:
- General Freight transport – 4,000+ ton per annum
- Grinding ball transport and lay down area management – 10,000+ ton per annum
- Oversized and overweight goods delivery
- Above services must be inclusive of below:
- Freight pickup, freight inspection, export / import customs clearance, freight documentation, shipping documents verification, live status report, daily reporting, empty container return and freight unload/uploading, handling.
- Required resources:
- Flat deck truck with capacity of 40 ton/or greater payload - 5-10
- Small and medium sized trucks with capacity of 5 ton and 10 ton payload - 1-2
- Low bed trailer for oversized item transport - 1
- Laydown area for Grinding ball storage
- Laydown area temporary stay of general freight trucks
- Dump trucks suitable for delivering bulk grinding balls - 3-5
- Crane for offloading bagged grinding balls and loading balls into trucks
- A tool for rupturing the bags safely
- Trained & experienced management, HSE team and drivers
- Equipment and fleet must be inspected
- This EOI is eligible for only Umnugovi suppliers. As per Oyu Tolgoi’s Supplier Development Policy, an Umnugovi supplier is a national supplier that is:
- Registered in Umnugovi aimag;
- Produces or supplies products or services within the Umnugovi aimag;
- Has a permanent workforce of in excess of 75 per cent of Mongolian employees residing in Umnugovi aimag; and
- Have their business head or branch office registered in the Umnugovi aimag and Oyu Tolgoi uses this office as the contracting entity
- Any supplier who registered to Umnugovi aimag on or after the release of this Expression of Interest is not eligible, subject to the reference letter from the Umnugovi aimag/ soum government authority.
Interested and experienced suppliers are invited to submit their EOI by attached “EOI submission checklist” and must include/attach, as a minimum, the following documentations / information:
- State registration certificate (copy)
- HSE policy & procedures (copy)
- Business Code of Conduct (copy)
- Financial audited statement from last 3 years (copy)
- Brief introduction of company
- General introduction
- Ownership/ shareholder information
- Executive team structure/ introduction
- Organization structure & Total manpower
- Reference letter from Umnugovi aimag/ soum government authorities to ensure the supplier is registered and operating from the Umnugovi aimag/ soum
* - If latest copies are already uploaded in “Oyu” Supplier Database, please make a note on the EOI submission checklist.
Scope specific documents:
- Scope specific experience of your company and/or your partner if any
- Customer references (at least 2)
- Special licenses if applicable (copy)
- Add more scope specific document, if any
Please visit our webpage at http://ot.mn/suppliers/ for more information about Expression of Interest, Useful documents and more.
Any interested supplier who is not registered in “Oyu” Supplier Database must register at https://oyu-supplierdatabase.ot.mn/.
EOI submissions can be prepared in Mongolian and English and must be sent to RFxBox@ot.mn with subject “WS1587787134 - Freight Forwarding Service” before 5pm, (Ulaanbaatar time) 11 January 2019.
- The Company is only seeking Expression of Interest from potential suppliers and makes no representation or promise in relation to procuring work from a supplier or suppliers.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse any document(s) which is incomplete or submitted after the specified date & time.
- The Company will not accept any EOIs stored in internet storage or in any other webpages and links.
- The Company will not be responsible for any costs associated with preparing and submitting an Expression of Interest to the Company
- There will be no Questions and Answers provided during the EOI process.
“OYU TOLGOI” LLC